Fluoresce™ HD Dual Wavelength LED MX Coupling
Better Vision For Better Dentistry
What is Fluoresce HD?
Fluoresce HD provides a distinct wavelength of light that enhances the visualisation of caries. Caries appear red, contrasting against healthy tooth which fluoresces green. This incredible guide minimises the removal of healthy tooth and ensures the complete removal of caries.
The technology devoloped by Lares Research (dark blue, UV, 405 nm light) is used as a fiber optic light output to air turbines and electric handpieces to dramatically enhance the visualization of caries and restorative materials and can be switched to white light at just the press of a button.
Dentists can quickly and easily switch back and forth between bright white or UV light output with Lares patented dual wavelength switching technology.
- During caries removal, the UV light causes porphyrins inside caries bacteria to fluoresce orange/red and healthy tooth light green, providing the dentist a vivid spacial map of the caries.
- With an air turbine or electric handpiece, the dentist removes only orange/red caries, minimizing the removal of healthy tooth (minimally invasive), maximizing tooth strength, and reducing risk of tooth breakage.
- When all orange/red decayed tissue is removed, the preparation is complete. No probing, caries indicator dye, camera images, etc., are necessary to confirm all caries are removed, saving substantial chair time (single instrument preparation).
- The UV light also causes restorative materials such as resins, cements, etc. to appear a different color compared to healthy tooth structure, enabling dentists to easily see the margin between healthy tooth structure and common restorative materials. This further minimizes the removal of healthy tooth and saves significant chair time.
- Studies show that caries removal aided by 405 nm UV light is more accurate at identifying remaining decay than alternative methods, minimizing the risk of recurring caries.
Putting Fluoresce HD To Work In Your Practice
Lares has developed solutions for integrating Fluoresce HD into both air turbines and electric handpiece systems based on individual dentist instrument preference.
For Air Turbines, Fluoresce HD can be deployed in any fiber optic air turbine with a Kavo* MultiFLEX* swivel connection by the addition of the Lares Dual Wavelength Fluoresce Swivel Coupling. This patented coupling allows the dentist to easily change back and forth from white to dark blue (405 nm UV) light as needed with the flip of a switch on the coupling.
Fluoresence Aided Identification Technique (FIT)
Today, restorative materials are available in various shades and translucencies. In combination with contemporary restoration techniques, tooth-colored restorations can match the colour of the natural tooth better than ever before. Because of this identification of restorations is getting more complicated, more time consuming, and less reliable. Regardless of good illumination and drying of the teeth during diagnosis, false-positive results are not unusual.
In addition to identifying caries, Fluoresce HD 405 nm light also causes restorative materials such as resins, cements, etc. to appear a different colour compared to healthy tooth structure, enabling dentists to easily see the margins between the healthy tooth structure and common restorative materials. This further minimizes the removal of the healthy tooth and saves significant chair time.
Fluoresce HD Benefits
- Achieve TRUE Minimally Invasive Dentistry by preserving 100% of the healthy natural tooth structure
- Reduce chair time with vertically integrated caries detection during in-vivo caries excavation
- Reduce your cost by utilizing a 2 in 1 handpiece and caries detection product for a minimal cost increase in your LED coupling
- 1 x Fluoresce™ HD Dual Wavelength LED MX Coupling
*Kavo and MultiFLEX are trademarks of Kavo Dental GMBH.
- Additional Information
Short Description The Fluoresce™ HD Dual Wavelength LED MX Coupling allows dentists to easily change back and forth from bright white LED light to dark blue caries detecting UV light as needed with the flip of a switch. SKU 138-0146 Brand LARES RESEARCH MPN 13568 Offer Extra Text Buy Fluoresce HD Coupling and get Fluoresce HD Tinted Glasses Free! Illumination Optic Type Coupling - Kavo MULTIflex Connection Product Set VAR-FLUORESCEHD
- Product Questions
- Why buy from Dental Sky?
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
Regular Price: £2.10
Special Price Inc. VAT: £1.98 Ex. VAT: £1.65
- Inc. VAT: £354.00 Ex. VAT: £295.00
Regular Price: £57.18
Special Price Inc. VAT: £47.94 Ex. VAT: £39.95
Regular Price: £1,050.00
Special Price Inc. VAT: £954.00 Ex. VAT: £795.00
- Inc. VAT: £150.00 Ex. VAT: £125.00
Regular Price: £85.50
Special Price Inc. VAT: £82.74 Ex. VAT: £68.95